Thickening with a silky-cool touch
WeylCare® ATBS is a strongly hydrophilic, swellable polymer, which is well known for its outstanding viscosity modifying properties over a wide pH range. Its smooth texture and moisturizing sensation on human skin are well appreciated by the customer. As formulation backbone, WeylCare® ATBS shows excellent stability and tolerance to most Personal Care ingredients and even exhibits emulsifying properties. And most importantly WeylCare® ATBS has the extraordinary touch: smooth, light and fresh.
WeylCare® ATBS is the perfect thickener for all kind of Personal Care applications.
- Multifunctional viscosity modifier for O/W emulsions
- Forms homogeneous, almost transparent gels with water
- Stable viscosity profile from pH 3.5–9.0 (See Figure)
- Excellent sensory feel, silky, light, cool and non-sticky
- Emulsifier-free formulations with up to 20% oil feasible
- Excellent bio-compatibility
- Ready to use (pre-neutralized)
- UV light tolerance
- INCI: Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate
- CAS No.: 62152-14-1
- Appearance: White to off-white powder
- Active content: Min. 93% pH (1% aq. solution, 20°C): 4.5 – 6.5
- Recommended usage level: 0.3 – 1.0% w/w
- Excellent compatibility with most water soluble solvents
- Easy to formulate, neutralized, high shear stability
- Adaptive in O/W and W/O emulsions and hydrogels
Further application areas in industrial bleaching and Personal Care.